Welcome to Whisper Sweet Joy. This blog is going to be my Diary of all the weird activities I do craft, food, and what ever. This also will be where I post about my rats and my Etsy shop.

I will post tutorials for some of my critters or at least where I found them. I hope this will give you the inspiration to go and create your own fun, or as I call it "My Productive Boredom"

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Domestic Otaku

Apple Pie Jam
Well winter is fast approaching  it decided to show itself around a 2 weeks ago with a freak snowstorm that left 6 inches of snow on my car. Thank goodness it melted before Halloween. Those poor trick or treaters would have been frozen stiff. Well this year to prepare for the cold I decided to do some canning. I started to can jams and such last year. This year since I had tons and tons of apples (a gift from my of my favorite co-workers) I was going to make two types of Jam. I made Apple Pie Jam, and Candy Apple Jam. They are both so yummy. Here are the links to the recipes I used. Candy Apple Jam     Apple Pie Jam
Candy Apple Jam

The Apple Pie jam is so good, it really is like spreading on pie on your toast. I did put my apples through the blender though so it didn't have so many chucks, I think it turned out better then having a huge chuck of apple on my toast. I also have come up with a yummy dessert pizza using it. I guess the recipe would also be great for a brunch too. My husband hates pies but loves the Apple pie pizza I made. I will write done how I did it but I am really bad about measuring things so sorry in advanced.

The Candy Apple Jam is delightfully, is taste like Cinnamon Bears but not as spicy.  I am going to have to make another batch of this jam since it so pretty and yummy. I think this one is going to make great Christmas presents this year.


Apple Pie Pizza


Ingredients:

One Prepared Pizza crust (7 inch size) if you want to make it large pizza just use more of everything
2 Small Apples cored and sliced thin
Apple Pie Jam
1/8 cup Oatmeal
1 tsp Brown sugar
1 tsp Sugar
Cream cheese Frosting

Preheat your oven to temp on the Pizza Crust container(425). 

Put thick later of Apple Pie Jam on crust. Layer the thinny sliced apples on the crust. Sprinkle oatmeal, sugar, and brown sugar on the tops of the apples. Place in Oven for 9-12 minutes, or until crust is brown. if the brown sugar isn't melted at this point you can place it in the broiler for a minute. Take out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Pipe frosting on to pizza cut and enjoy.









No comments:

Post a Comment